Updating.

so many things going on and i barely have time to post.

so here's a bit of what i wrote while i was in transit.
xx

Thursday, September 14, 2006

The art of getting lost.

This is a very ingenious one. But the thing is not simply getting lost. It has to be a special kind of lost, lost. A type which I master, I’d say.

Throughout my life I have been to… count them, 12 different airports. There’s no big secret in airports, you enter, check-in and board. It’s all a nice sequence. Or you leave the aircraft and just walk forward, get your bags and get lost(as in leave). Oh should it be so simple.

My first getting lost experience happened when I was only 6 or 7 years of age: we lived up north (in the Amazon state) and we went back to our hometown in Sao Paulo on vacation. Just the 3 of us (minors) – My 12 year old sister, my 10 year old brother and little me.

You know what has ALWAYS amazed me (I still haven’t got over it, I just control myself now that I’m a grown up), those check-in rolling carpets with a scale. So yup, I started climbing the scale and got lost from the group of unaccompanied minors. That happened in the international airport in sao Paulo.

I’ve also been lost in Heathrow (London), International Airport in Copenhagen, Sturup (Malmö, Sweden), Barajas (Madrid) and today I managed to get a bit lost in – believe me or not – TWO airports. Santos Dummont and Tom Jobim, both in Rio, Brazil.

Yeah, any tips on getting lost, please contact me. I’m your man. Or woman.



More on the traveling experience

Yeah, I got lost AGAIN.
This whole terrorism thing is killing me! I mean, is the US government trying a cruel rampage and decided to take it out on us? Do you have any idea of what it takes to board on a flight to the US? It’s terrorism!

I had to take a 1-hour line to go through an interview so I could take the check-in line (??) and then I had to take a line to take the boarding line again. And what’s with the interviews? “M’am, are you carrying any illegal substances?” – erm, yes actually, but can you keep it a secret?

And the air-puff experience… I can only say I’m glad I decided not to wear a skirt, marilyn.
But I know it better now. When I arrived in L.A., I decided I’d just go with the flow… and that’s how I didn’t get lost 4 times in less than 24 hours.

2 comments:

    SO where ar you now ?

    Thinking of you X

     

    Ms Demmie: i'm in OC, CA =)

    sá: eu morei nas amazonas :S

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum