Being (In)Adequate at age twenty-something.

I know a lot of people will think I am just freaking out for no reason, I am still young and blablabla. But I know I am not alone in this (thanks, Dani for holding my hand in the most miserably ridiculous and inappropriate moments of my life), and I know deep inside I am right... kinda.

So after a little chat on PMS, identity + aging crisis (it's been a while since I started lying about my age) and a cup of chocolate milk, I caught myself thinking about what's still ok to do at my age, with my lifestyle, and what would just be... ridiculous.

So I made a list, kind of what I do and what I used to... kind of... do.
  1. Having a little too much to drink - acceptable.
  2. Getting drunk as a skunk and sleeping on the bathroom sink - not acceptable.
  3. Going to (punk) rock concerts - acceptable.
  4. Going backstage, cover myself with band stickers, waking up the morning after not knowing whose shirt I'm wearing - not acceptable.
  5. Hitting a club or party, hooking up with a stranger - acceptable.
  6. Hooking up with 11 - not acceptable.
  7. Borrowing my boss's bike - acceptable.
  8. Seeing a random bike on the street and walk away with it - not acceptable.
  9. Pretend I'm "PRESS" just to get in for free at music events - acceptable.
  10. Not staying for the concert because the band is boring - still acceptable, not very polite though.

That's just a little taste of it. My life has changed so much and it's depressing to think there are so many things I can't do anymore... Unless I'm ok with being that old spinster that you look at when you're 18 and perky and think "Can you BE more trashy?"

5 comments:

    Yes things change so rapidly which is surely a not acceptable ..i wish me too can go back my old days but its not acceptable by nature.

     
    On 30 October, 2008 20:03 Anonymous said...

    I went through the same sort of "holy crap my twenties are ending" existential crisis too. And another when I turned 30. Honestly? Having an age that starts with a 3 is kind of relaxing!

     
    On 31 October, 2008 05:52 Anonymous said...

    Much as waking up in a ditch wearing an unfamiliar shirt is slightly less than classy, it is YOUR life. As long as doing stupid shit is not causing harm to anyone depending on you, I don't see why you should let yourself be held back by some completely subjective concept of what is age-appropriate and what is not.

    Except for the stealing of bikes. That is never okay, young lady! Did you ever steal a really nice, white cruiser bike with a black basket on the front? Because if so I WANT IT BACK :(

     

    Nao sabia q vc tinha isto aqui...
    adorei!
    beijos e saudades!!

     

    Wow, what a great change to your blog, Lilize! The header is beautiful. You're sure you're not a model?

    I too just came back from a hiatus...a rather long one. Just checking in on blogs I enjoyed back in the day to see who's still going and who's not.

    For the record, there's nothing wrong with being drunk as a skunk and sleeping on the bathroom sink. Sometimes, if it's a good party, it's the only space available! =P

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum